Influenza information from our nurse
Please see attachment from the Iowa Department of Public Health regarding Influenza.
Ways to protect yourself and students from getting the Flu:
- Wash your hands before and after eating – make sure your eating space is clean.
- Wash hands after using keyboards, copy machine – hand sanitizer available in the work room
- Computer Lab: Hand sanitizer is available for staff and students before using computers
- Use paper towel to turn off facets
- Keep hands away from face – eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing / sneezing
- Separate student desks if possible
- Stay home from school when ill: If your child is sick, they need to be vomit free and fever free (without medication) for 24 hours before they return to school.
- Get vaccinated
See Fact Sheet for more information and review above tips with your students. Please contact me if you have any questions / concerns.
If your child is sick, call 515-242-8412 or email email@example.com.